There are several types of Yoga Slim 7i on the market, this time we will review the cheapest version, which uses an Intel Core i5 11th Gen. At first glance, this laptop looks normal. But actually this is a laptop that is ready to be used as a workhorse.
Yoga, meaning this is a premium series from Lenovo. Slim, meaning this is a thin, non-convertible version, which is generally tougher.
In addition, the EVO logo means that it meets the highest certification from Intel for thin-light laptops. Like the battery must be economical, must have thunderbolt, can wake up from sleep – less than 1 second.
And of course, because this is a premium class laptop from Lenovo, the warranty is also the most complete, including Accidental Damage Protection and Premium Care. So, without going at length, let’s just look at this review of the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i.
Intel Core i5-1135G7
- In accordance with EVO requirements which require an Intel Core i5/Core i7 processor
- Tiger Lake
- 10nm SuperFin
- TDP Range 12-28W
- Base Clock 2.4 GHz
- Max Boost Clock 4.2 GHz
- 8MB Intel Smart Cache
Intel Xe Graphics
- 80 Execution Units
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology which is capable of providing hardware acceleration for content creation and consumption activities
- Supports futureproof AV1 hardware acceleration
8GB DDR4-3200 Dual Channel
- On-board, not upgradeable
- In accordance with EVO requirements that require a minimum of 8 GB of RAM
512GB SSD PCIe NVMe Gen 4
- According to EVO requirements, a minimum SSD of 256 GB is required
- PCIe Gen 4 SSDs are relatively new and have very high speeds
- There is only one M.2 SSD slot
- There are no additional SATA slots
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
- WiFi 6/WiFi AX
- Supports Gigabit WiFi & MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth v5.2
- In accordance with EVO requirements that must use WiFi 6 and Bluetooth v5 connectivity, with high-speed wireless data transfer capabilities
Windows 11 Home
- A relatively new OS, users don’t need to bother upgrading from Windows 10
This laptop carries a Clamshell Form Factor with Full Aluminum Material, with anodizing Sandblasting surface treatment. For the unit that we are reviewing, namely Dark Moss, in addition to the two other colors available, namely Orchid and Slate Grey.
The design that it carries is typical of Lenovo Yoga, which is simple and minimalist. With the Yoga logo in the upper left corner of the laptop and Lenovo in the lower right corner behind the screen. For us, this simple design gives a professional and stylish impression.
As for the dimensions, it is 32 cm long, 20.8 cm wide and 1.49 cm thick. As for the weight, this laptop weighs 1.29 kg, and is added with a 65W USB Type C charger weighing 230 grams. So the total load carried by the user is 1.52 kg.
Turning to the display, the size is 14 inches with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p). The panel is IPS, which is claimed to have a 100% sRGB Color Gamut and a maximum brightness level of 300 nits.
Based on our tests for color accuracy and brightness levels, namely:
- Gamut Coverage 99.6% sRGB
- Volume Gamut 109.9% sRGB
- Peak Brightness 376 nits
So this screen does have pretty good color and brightness.
This screen has a Refresh Rate of 60Hz, and has an Anti-Glare or Matte Coating. This makes it comfortable to use without disturbing light reflections. The screen frame is quite thin on all four sides. The screen hinge can be opened up to 180 degrees like most other Lenovo laptops.
There is a 720p 30fps camera at the top of the screen, complete with Infra-Red which supports Windows Hello. So users can log into Windows more easily, comfortably and stay safe.
For the audio system, it uses Dolby Atmos Stereo Speakers with 2x 2W Speakers. These are located on either side of the keyboard, facing up.
Audio presets can be changed via the Lenovo Vantage software or the Dolby Atmos Speaker System . Sound quality is not as good as what a thick gaming laptop can offer. But for a thin laptop, this is great. Loud and worthy of being a speaker for a premium class laptop.
Available connectors include:
- 1x Thunderbolt 4 (Default charging port)
- Data transfer up to USB4 40Gbps
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Display Output with Display Port protocol
- Use of additional devices such as External GPU and External Storage
- 1x HDMI 1.4b
- 1x Thunderbolt 4
- Connector support is the same as before
- 1x Combo 3.5mm Audio Jack
- 1x Micro-SD Card Reader
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (10 Gbps)
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (10 Gbps) which supports Always ON feature
- Power button
For the keyboard, the whole has the same design and layout as its predecessor series. Very comfortable when used for typing.
The keyboard also has a white backlit with two brightness levels. This can be set with the Fn+Spacebar keys. There is also an Auto mode where the backlit lights will turn on automatically when the room is dark.
Switching to the touchpad, located Center-to-Spacebar. This makes typing more comfortable. The size of the touchpad is relatively large when compared to the size of the laptop, so it feels flexible when used.
Apart from that, this touchpad also supports Windows Precision Driver as a requirement for laptops with Windows 11 pre-installed.
For the Cooling System, this laptop is equipped with 2 fans and 2 heatpipes with Intake flowing from the bottom and Exhaust towards the back.